Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mattress shopping

 I recently went mattress shopping.  Since we spend about 1/3 of our day on our mattress, I thought it important to be thorough.  So I went to 4 different mattress stores to investigate which mattress would be best for my sleep hygiene.  I talked to the "evangelists" (salesmen) in each store; I listened to "eye-witnesses"(both in person and online) who gave their testimonial as to the benefits/drawbacks of their mattresses; and I personally tested the different mattresses to see which one I preferred the most.  Then, after discussing the options with my wife, we made the commitment to purchase what seemed to be the best bed for us (although we were not 100% certain). 

If  choosing a bed could inspire that kind of careful scrutiny, then choosing a leader who will impact our entire life and eternity deserves careful investigation.  After his resurrection, Jesus' followers worked through their doubts about him.  They needed some evidence.  Have you done your own investigation of the evidence of the resurrection?  This is too big of an issue to put on a back-burner.  Talk to an "evangelist" (somebody who's already bought into following Jesus Christ); talk to "witnesses" who've experienced him for themselves;  test the faith for yourself.  Then, when you're ready, make a commitment of faith in him.  You don't have to be 100% certain, either (that's why they call it "faith", not "certain").  As a witness myself I believe you'll be satisfied with top-of-the-line spiritual hygiene.

Rick

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Interesting post.
    Great job!! You have a nice blog for mattress. I will be back alot~ Good luck with all you do!
    Bonnell Spring Mattress in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete