Thursday, April 7, 2011

One-Day-at-a-Time

I'm at a different place in life right now--there's lots of stuff going on that doesn't fit into my sequential, linear way of doing things.  I have more responsibility, which has had the effect of making me feel like one of those cartoon characters with dazed eyes and  little birds swirling around their head. 

So I've had to take a new approach:  1-day-at-a-time.  I ask God  for grace for each day's load, and it's been good.  I'm staying in the moment, getting things done, while staying fresh in the process.  I'm not thinking as much about the future and enjoying the present more.  It fits with what Jesus instructed us to do, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will woryy about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Mt. 6:34)

I realize that there's a place for planning for the future, but doing so while missing the present I don't believe is the Jesus way.   As with all of his instruction, it's so much more liberating.  I highly recommend it.  Blessings.

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment